Monday, February 23, 2009
My first post.. about random stuff.
Alright, so what do we see when we look out onto the streets of America? At the moment, we see poverty.. recession.. and a HELL of a lot of worried faces. The thing I don't exactly care for is the fact that everyone is complaining. People... get over it.. there's not much we can do. It's really up to the government to get us out for the moment, so quit your complaining. They are doing what they can. I may be offending some, but i try to speak the truth. Thank Obama for TRYING HIS HARDEST to get the economy stimulated. The only thing i would like to say to those of you complaining: Shut. Up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The only thing the government will do is make it worse.
ReplyDeleteI believe I addressed people like you in the above post.. no offense.
ReplyDeleteNot complaining about the current situation. On the contrary I'm accepting the recession as an unavoidable, short term loss that must be accepted for the overall gain. Look up induced drag. Drag is a byproduct of lift in the same way.
ReplyDeleteWhen faced with adversity, the traits that would not have been shown in the best of situations shine through. These traits are the specific identities of you as a person as you develop and grow. People do not comprehend the significance of dealing with adversity. Adversity is the Mt. Everest of one's life. The choice is yours whether to climb it or not.
ReplyDeleteAdversity usually shows up in our lives to challenge our mentality. The human nature tends to build strength to try to overcome this obstacle. Whether or not it's realized, we grow stronger through our perils. Usually, these perils have something to do with what we're going to do with our lives, or are consequences of what we have done in the past. The trick is to know how to cope.
Martin Luther King Jr., one of the most influential speakers of our time, was faced with the biggest adversity of the modern era. King was thrown in jail, ridiculed publicly, been beaten up mentally and physically because of what he was trying to accomplish for civil rights. What he did was a large part of the civil rights movement, and his speeches are still read to day to influence children to overcome their own adversities.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant," said the Roman poet Horace. Traits that would not have been shown by the regular obstacles of life would shine through in the worst of circumstances. As much as anyone would like to believe that adversity doesn't influence human growth, it does.
Act 4: (Macbeth)
ReplyDeleteSince the witches were right the first time, I had to visit the old hags again to see if there was anything else I needed to know. When I got there, they were making some sort of concoction that predicts the future or something. When I looked into the cauldron, I saw many things, all disturbing to me. First of all, I had to kill MacDuff and all of his family to keep the throne. I saw other things as well, like a line of people with crowns on their heads! After the witches disappeared, Lennox showed up and told me that MacDuff had fled to England, so I sent muderers to kill his family. They did what I asked, killing his son and wife. I have a feeling that later, Malcolm and MacDuff had a meeting. I feel like they are plotting to kill me along with Ross. I bet Macduff heard about his children. I wonder....
Act 5: (Macbeth)
My wife has been sleepwalking recently, and I fear that her conscious is getting to her! She is telling doctors that she has blood on her hands! I am afraid she will give away our secrets. Wait! Seyton tells me that there is an army outside my castle of ten thousand men! I must wear my armor, as they can attack any time. As I prepare the castle for battle, my wife dies! I am filled with sorrow, but must defend my castle. Then the battle begins, and I kill Siward's son with ease. Eventually, however, I meet MacDuff on the battlefield, and we fight to the death!
Hi, MacDuff here, I just wanted to say I killed that jerk MacBeth, and Malcolm is now the new king of Scotland. I got my vengeance.